Online Dating Services

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Online Dating Services

Postby tronagirl » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:56 pm

recluse wrote:ergot: People lie about a lot of things and height is probably one of the most insignificant items I can imagine. Then again maybe on a dating site that's a big deal and maybe you wind up with height inflation with guys who are 6'5" claiming to be 6'8" because too many guys who are 6'2" say that they're 6'5" who stretch the truth because guys who are 6' even say that they're 6'2", etc., etc., etc. I'd imagine that the size of various body parts might also be exaggerated if that's part of a dating profile.

There's definitely a point where tall becomes too tall and maybe even freakishly tall. Personally, I'd say that anything over six feet even is too tall, but I'm sure that some would place the ceiling lower than that!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby defcon » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Online Dating
Definitely watch this one all the way to the end. A little bit of a curve ball. :wtf:
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Re: Online Dating Service

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 am

Yep, didn't see that coming! Just goes to show that you shouldn't be too quick to write someone off as being totally out of it just because they have a hard time answering simple questions.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby defcon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:49 pm

New Warnings About The Security Of Your Personal Information On Dating Apps
You don't want too much info out there since who knows who's going to get hold of it and how they're going to use it.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby dilbert » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:47 am

defcon: Online dating services are a risk no matter how you you look at it. You might get lucky, but there are all sorts of ways that things can go wrong. Even without hackers there are all sorts of scammers you might hook up with on these sites. For every lucky person who finds true love there are dozens who wind up worse off as a result of their online search for the perfect partner.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby pdm » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am

dilbert: Dating is a risk no matter how you do it. Go to a bar and you could still be in for a scam. I've heard so many horror stories about the dating experiences of different people that I have no doubt that there is no perfect way to go about meeting a potential significant other. Most people can find someone, but a lot of the time things don't work out in the long run.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby KissMyTail » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:28 am

pdm: Most of the time things don't work out in the long run. I'm not sure what the average length of a marriage is before divorce, but I only know two couples that have managed to stay married more than ten years, but I can list a dozen who divorced in less than ten years. The difference between expectations and reality is especially great when it comes to intimate relationships.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:54 am

Single? COVID-19 Putting A Major Dent In Dating
If you're already hooked up, then this isn't your concern. But for the single-and-looking crowd, this puts a major damper on things!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:39 am

This shelter in place stuff has put a major dent in the social life of singles without a doubt. Lots of frustrated people at this time. Hopefully things return to normal before too long! Not that we should rush things. We need to do this right.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Tammy's Online Dating Struggles | 1000-lb Sisters
Well a guy who would be sexually attracted to her would be like about a one in a million find. Then again, some people are just lonely and need someone to talk to....
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads