Copyright / Fair Use / Anti-SLAPP / etc.

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Copyright / Fair Use / Anti-SLAPP / etc.

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:25 am

Creators Of Dance Moves Suing Creators Of Fortnite Over Copyright Infringement That Can't Possibly Have Happened
In order to sue for copyright something must first be something that can be copyrighted! :laugh:
Here's the things about the lawsuits: while they all allege copyright infringement, no copyright infringement has actually occurred. This is an extremely difficult hurdle to leap when suing over copyright infringement.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20181227/14361041301/creators-dance-moves-suing-creators-fortnite-over-copyright-infringement-that-cant-possibly-have-happened.shtml
MojaveMike
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Copyright, etc.

Postby dilbert » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 am

FORTNITE DANCE MOVES: My understanding is that probably there is no case here, but that there is some uncertainty. Also depending on what countries the lawsuits are filed in may mean that results will be mixed. That being said the concept of copyrighting dance moves is just plain stupid. So, I hope that no one succeeds in suing the creators of Fortnite.
dilbert
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Copyright, etc.

Postby pcslim » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:43 am

FORTNITE LAWSUITS: I seriously doubt that these lawsuits will go anywhere. However, the only point of the lawsuits may be to provide free publicity for those who filed them. That's often the entire point of a lawsuit nowadays and that's why there should be penalties imposed for filing frivolous lawsuits.
pcslim
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Board Information