NEW USERS

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: NEW USERS

Postby dingbat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:35 am

I have three friends who all told me that it's impossible to get signed onto this message board. So I decided to prove them wrong. All it takes is a looking around and the secret is revealed and it only took a couple clicks. It's too bad about the spambots, but that's life on the interwebs!!!
:angel:
dingbat
Greenhorn

Postby whiskeypete » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 am

dingbat: Sometimes it takes a dingbat to prove the skeptics and the naysayers wrong. Most people aren't too good about following directions and in this case it's necessary to locate the directions in order to know what to do and most people probably just don't get that far.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby admin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:21 pm

I just deleted approximately 3100 span user accounts. There may have been a few legitimate requests in there, but unless you follow the directions and send an email to info@tronanews.us, I have no way of distinguishing your request from all the spam requests. BTW, here's a few of the spam user names that were used:
gjbiuywn, gjmuotoa, BrandenMl, melbawm1, gjbsyeyg, ekrocayki, meghankj18, blygqgxnce, gjbpjbwd, gjrzdfwf, Izpgsry, gjhkdmew, ohcmzdonf, gjiocwjj, hattielg69, gjztozmg, gjjeyquk, gjmmrayc, Ronniebido, ienkbodfr, gjwtzfrf, tywrytzik, gjnhqovs, cygkufply, gjjcuuxi, yhqyohctc, sxvdngra14, pbwuojdscp, WilliamdarT, rjkgjngoj, gjnkqopu, ixvnriexp, zbrmntdsc, AngellaBug, pvvgsyfkna, qnilrxqyro, Hykpjgo, gjjvrthy, Toplikyst, gjjrrgar, Charlesdush, gjrtcxez, gjubqcdi, gjeljcqq, gjqgqlku, Atdcfyv, gjuoaijd, JudasPriestoncawl, lhlakpoqk, Linneypal, omxoeegis, GeorgeSOLO, cherixx11, gjojxmqc, Fbutkyk, pfjojtufd, gjbwplbu, sjcnhbijbp, qxteivzwtw, Stephenmaf, xcvuvlhgrd, gjttllks, gjjiejmn, fezfvxchmf, mettheaky, gjxzebts, Malindabraift, gjtkajre, DanielSic, Oxpbzpr, vjnlmtnorp, gjpgdmtn, gjxczlmt, gjhqmtvh, jiqukxwyy, opxqoryger, gjounpyz, nweqwgskp
admin
Site Admin

Postby sierra_jim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:33 am

admin: Those definitely look like the kind of names that would be generated by a spambot to me! Although I do find GeorgeSOLO and JudasPriestoncawl to be somewhat humorous. It doesn't seem possible that out of 3100 account requests that at least a dozen or so weren't legit, but if they don't follow procedure there's no way of telling the real requests from the fake ones. Oh well, I suppose on the other hand at least the dumb people are weeded out as a result of their inability to follow simple directions. lol
sierra_jim
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby alf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 pm

sierra_jim wrote:admin: Those definitely look like the kind of names that would be generated by a spambot to me! Although I do find GeorgeSOLO and JudasPriestoncawl to be somewhat humorous. It doesn't seem possible that out of 3100 account requests that at least a dozen or so weren't legit, but if they don't follow procedure there's no way of telling the real requests from the fake ones. Oh well, I suppose on the other hand at least the dumb people are weeded out as a result of their inability to follow simple directions. lol

I'm not sure if spambots would come up with creative names like the Judas Priest one, but they say that anything is possible. I wonder how many thousands of users there would be on this board if all the spam accounts had just been automatically activated like they do on a lot of boards.
:wtf:
ALF = Alien Life Form
alf
Greenhorn

Postby megabot » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:04 pm

I love these old forum style web sites. They are so much more focused than the big social media sites. Good times...
:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
The future ain't so great. I prefer the past.
megabot
Greenhorn

Postby dilbert » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:19 am

alf: SPAMBOTS got you down? Well there's not much we can do about that, but I know a few people have tried to set up accounts on this board, but didn't get through. I understand the admin's dilemma and the solution he offers would work if people would just follow directions, but most people aren't willing to work that hard to join a message board like this when they could just use facebook instead. That being said, I'd rather not waste time on facebook.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:21 am

It only took me five tries before I finally got an account. My first attempt was back in July. Persistence is all it took. But I understand the situation. Spambots are a pain in the ass for everyone.
:poop:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby hokey smokes » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:54 am

I was finally able to infiltrate enemy lines after only four tries. I've been lurking long enough to know the score, but I'm living proof that following directions is a sure shot to success!
hokey smokes
Greenhorn

Postby camel » Thu May 05, 2016 8:16 am

Long time without any new members. If I'm still the most recent new member, then the admin must be rejecting a lot of people because I know a bunch of people who say they've tried to sign up. Maybe they're not following directions and I get that the directions have to exist because of all the spam account requests and maybe it's good to weed out people who can't read very well even if they are my friends! LOL
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information