Off Topic Posts

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Off Topic Posts

Postby desertrat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:10 am

surfsteve wrote:You guys are hilarious! If you honestly delete or move my thread based upon your reasoning you are going to have to do it to half the threads on this forum!

First of all, us guys don't have the ability to do anything to your thread other than to complain about it. All we can do is suggest that it be moved to a more appropriate location. Secondly, very few threads on this board are inappropriate to the category to which they are posted. Virtually all the threads in the news thread are initiated by a post about an actual news event. The Pantheism thread was not initiated by a news event or even a rant about a news event. It's just a random posting that doesn't belong in the news category and as such degrades the entire forum.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:01 am

BS. My thread belongs there every bit as much as the atheism thread which was there a long time and nobody complained about. One could just as easily argue that it is your comments that degrade this forum rather than my posts.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am

Appears to be a bit of a "flame war" going on here. Probably the best solution is to just move the Pantheism thread to Recreation and Entertainment as previously suggested. That way it still exists, but it's popped out of News and Issues. That seems like a reasonable compromise as far as I'm concerned. Regarding the claim that the Atheism thread doesn't belong in news, I think the key point that has already been made is that it was initiated by an actual NEWS CLIP, unlike the Pantheism thread which was initiated with some kind of documentary clip. I think people find the Pantheism thread to be a little "spammish" and that's what's causing the complaints. Whereas the Atheism thread seems more like news - at least the first post was a news clip. Subsequent reactions may not have been news postings, but reactions are different than initial postings. That's my take on the issue anyways. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just explaining my viewpoint.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 am

If it really bothers you that much I'm sure I can find a news story and edit the initial post to please you. :smack:
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby hungrybill » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42 am

I noticed that the last several posts in the Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs thread have been off topic. They are all about the economy and although the first post in that bunch sort of seemed relevant the discussion has gone down the road of whether or not things are better now that Obama has been in office than they were when GB left office. I think the topic of the economy is interesting in and of itself and that a separate thread should be created to accomodate that topic. Anyone else agree?
hungrybill
Greenhorn

Postby James Sel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:28 am

hungrybill wrote:I noticed that the last several posts in the Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs thread have been off topic. They are all about the economy and although the first post in that bunch sort of seemed relevant the discussion has gone down the road of whether or not things are better now that Obama has been in office than they were when GB left office. I think the topic of the economy is interesting in and of itself and that a separate thread should be created to accomodate that topic. Anyone else agree?

Not me
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BallaratBob » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:17 am

hungrybill: I agree. Although anything can be called a conspiracy I think any discussion about the economy and what Obama has done to help or hurt the economy belongs in a separate thread. There is a lot of weird stuff in the Nutjobs thread, but I think the discussion about the economy is off topic enough to justify moving it to another or a new thread.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wildrose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 am

hungrybill, James Sel, BallaratBob: It would certainly improve the continuity of the Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs thread and a thread on Obama's handling of the economy would probably be a pretty good topic. So, yeah, it might be worth the bother, especially since the Nutjob thread has gotten rather lengthy!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby jarhead » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 am

This whole forum is off topic. There are way too many posts about sex and religion and foreign countires and social issues and celebrities. Get all the commie libtard posts out of this forum and stick to the topic of Trona and mining and offroad driving and other desert topics that good hard-working Americans care about and clean up the filth off this board and that includes certain people who post here fairly often.
jarhead
Greenhorn

Postby surfsteve » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 am

Why don't you just write some good posts about Trona, mining and offroad driving instead of complaining all the time? Do you really think all your complaining is the way to making this a better forum?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information