Moral Panics

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Moral Panics

Postby drdesert » Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 am

cloud wrote:McMartin Preschool: Anatomy of a Panic | Retro Report | The New York Times
More often than not the real abusers are the people who claim to be "saving" children from abuse!

Good point! Just like nowadays the real racists are those accusing others of being racist. All this systemic racism and critical race theory stuff are just ideas invented by racists to make it easy to accuse non-racists of being racist!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:12 am

The fight against child abuse is really a movement to dismantle the family. Don't be fooled by the rhetoric. The state actually requires teachers to report suspected abuse. Only a totalitarian state would do something like that and the main goal of the libtard totalitarians is to dismantle the family. They created a moral panic about child abuse to push through their radical leftist policies.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:37 am

What was the Satanic Panic? :smack:
I knew some people who were stupid enough to believe in this stuff back in the '80s and '90s. Those people are still around and just as stupid as ever!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Satanic Panic & The Dangers of Cultural Hysteria
shadylady: This video covers most of the same stuff your video covered, but there are different details and stories and so it's worth watching. As for Trona in the 80s and 90s, there were lots of rumors about people in town who were into Satanic Ritual Abuse. I recall all sorts of gossip and although none of it was based on evidence there are still people around who believed it then and still believe it now as far as I know.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:46 am

Satanic Panic | The "Cancel Culture" of the 1980s
The panic over Satanic Ritual Abuse was far, far worse than the Salem Witch Trials. We often scoff at the primitive thinking which made the Salem Witch Trials possible, but the Satanic Ritual Abuse panic is much worse. Many people who completely believed the stories about Satanic Ritual Abuse are still alive and with us and some of them still believe the nonsense!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BallaratBob » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:53 am

There were lots of rumors in the 80s and 90s about satanic sacrifices throughout the High Desert. There was supposed to be a group that met regularly in the Johannesburg and Red Mountain area. There were also sites in Searles and Panamint Valley which were supposedly used from time to time for meetings. There was even a rumor of a human sacrifice being performed in the area. I recall hearing specific rumors about a flattened-off hill near the mouth of Bruce Canyon, the Kopper King Mine area, Goler Wash, and the Gold Bottom Mine just to name a few which come to mind. Many people back then laughed this stuff off as just the over-active imaginations of paranoid individuals, but there were plenty of people who took it seriously. I've heard that there are still people who believe that there are tunnels under the McMartin Preschool site and there are probably still people in the Trona area who believe that there are bones of human sacrifice victims buried out in the desert. One thing's for certain, if there was ever any actual Satanic Ritual Abuse going on, it was extremely rare and the hype exaggerated the phenomenon (if it even existed) a million times over.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:54 am

BallaratBob: The hill with a flat top near the mouth of Bruce Canyon is an old mine site. I recall hearing the same rumors you mention back in the day. Considering that the Manson Family was captured in Goler Wash, it's not too surprising that some people believe in occult-related events. I don't think any more of Manson's family members live in the area any longer, but they were a weird bunch!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby pdm » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:46 am

Insane Satanic Panic Moments
I'm surprised they didn't include a clip from THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. I always liked the line about the SATANIC MECHANIC from "Sweet Transvestite." No matter what there's always some brainlets around who can't tell the different between a joke and reality.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby drdesert » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:56 am

pdm wrote:Insane Satanic Panic Moments
No matter what there's always some brainlets around who can't tell the different between a joke and reality.

4Chan proves this true everyday. Even the FBI and the CIA (two so-called "intelligence" agencies) fall for 4Chan hoaxes on a routine basis!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby recluse » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:27 pm

The Satanic Panic: the 1980s Media Scare that's still Ruining Lives Today
This documentary includes information about false convictions which occurred in Kern County. That hits pretty close to home!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues