Syria

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Syria

Postby pcslim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 am

'Plea for Caution': Putin warns against diminishing intl law role
I saw a couple interviews on CNN in which our incapable and unintelligent leaders tried to criticize Putin and expressed skepticism regarding the Russian proposal. Why do we have such inept and corrupt leaders here in the USA? They are all pathetic idiots incapable of doing anything except licking the ass of major corporations. Putin and Russia should be welcomed since they are actually doing something productive regarding Syria. Hopefully the idiots in charge of the USA will just STFU and step aside and allow someone with some brains to handle the problem!!!
:curse:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

pcslim wrote:'Plea for Caution': Putin warns against diminishing intl law role
I saw a couple interviews on CNN in which our incapable and unintelligent leaders tried to criticize Putin and expressed skepticism regarding the Russian proposal. Why do we have such inept and corrupt leaders here in the USA? They are all pathetic idiots incapable of doing anything except licking the ass of major corporations. Putin and Russia should be welcomed since they are actually doing something productive regarding Syria. Hopefully the idiots in charge of the USA will just STFU and step aside and allow someone with some brains to handle the problem!!!

Putin gives me the creeps, but there's no doubt that our leaders are incompetent nincompoops! I don't like the way we try to solve every problem by bombing or launching a military invasion. Not only does that get old after awhile, but it just makes things worse. Not once has it helped a situation, but we keep on doing it. So, maybe Putin isn't so bad after all!!!
:shrug:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Exclusive 1-hour Interview with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad

Instead of bombing them why don't we just force them to trade presidents?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:17 am

Obama and Putin in a Delicate Game of Diplomacy
It may be time to take the Nobel Peace Prize which was erroneously awarded to the idiot in charge and award it to Putin! Actually I have less disdain for Obama than for the rest of the fools pretending to run things in Washington D.C. He's not nearly the worst of them! This ABC news piece is reasonably fair, but if you watch any of the CNN coverage of this situation, you will see extremely one-sided, obviously anti-Russian propaganda. I never realized that CNN was so partisan, but apparently they think that the anti-Putin stance they're taking will play well with their audience. It's all about the ratings for CNN and it's all about looking-good for our politicians. It's good that a real leader has stepped in to deal with this situation. The amateur hacks running this country only know one trick: military intervention! As for American exceptionalism, it's looking more and more like the only thing exceptional about the USA is our exceptional stupidity!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 am

Opposing the Syrian War Propaganda
Michel Chossudovsky on GRTV
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

A Plea for Caution From Russia
It's funny how the press wants to pick this letter apart and attribute all sorts of ulterior motives to Putin. To me he sounds like a reasonable world leader trying to bridge the gap between sanity and the insane assholes running this country. Our leaders keep reverting to a Cold War mentality, but Putin has been steadfast in his attempt to move beyond that. I guess it's hard to teach idiotic leaders new tricks!
In the United States, many draw an analogy between Iraq and Syria, and ask why their government would want to repeat recent mistakes. No matter how targeted the strikes or how sophisticated the weapons, civilian casualties are inevitable, including the elderly and children, whom the strikes are meant to protect.

LINK: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:55 am

John Kerry outlines U.S.-Russia agreement
This is an impressive step forward. Working together with other nations instead of resorting to military interventions is the way to solve the world's problems. Hopefully corporations which profit from war will allow this to happen!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:22 am

I wouldn't trust Putin too much, but I'm not one to cling to past preconceptions either. The last paragraph of his letter was spot on. The idea of "American Exceptionalism" is absurd. We are all just people and this country is far from perfect, and people who believe in "American Exceptionalism" think they are living in some kind of fantasy world. They are completely out of touch with reality!
:smack:
My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pcslim » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:56 am

Copying Putin? McCain offers his own Op-Ed to Russian media
Now this is embarrassing!!! :smack:
Putin is a world leader of historic proportions. McCain is a national embarrassment. I really don't like the idea of this horse's ass being seen in any way as a spokesman for our country.
:mad2:
It sends the wrong message!
:roll2:
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:40 am

War Dividend: US arms firms ready to cash in if Syria attacked
Voters are against war, but corporations are for war. Corporations then use news agencies to spread pro-war propaganda and a portion of the population is duped, thereby increasing popular support for war. This tactic doesn't seem to working with Syria, which most likely means that corporations will pull some shenanigans behind the scenes to try to mix things up a bit and get what they want one way or the other. Most people aren't buying the anti-Putin / anti-Russia propaganda, but many still believe some of the false info out there regarding Putin and Russia. It's odd that Putin is blamed for the gay propaganda law and that news agencies have framed this as a human rights issue and yet one of our strongest allies (Saudi Arabia) still puts gays to death. Hypocrisy much?
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues