South of the Border

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

South of the Border

Postby cactuspete » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:55 am

Musician writes song about 'El Chapo's' escape
I don't know about this. El Chapo is said to be responsible for torturing and murdering hundreds of innocent people, including children. I have a hard time seeing El Chapo as a hero, but everyone's entitled to their opinion and this guy sings about his.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: South of the Border

Postby wildrose » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:21 am

cactuspete wrote:Musician writes song about 'El Chapo's' escape
I don't know about this. El Chapo is said to be responsible for torturing and murdering hundreds of innocent people, including children. I have a hard time seeing El Chapo as a hero, but everyone's entitled to their opinion and this guy sings about his.

Not exactly an impressive song, but it is cute how they use a Sousaphone in some of the songs. As for El Chapo, he's like any outlaw, there are those who will admire him despite the horrific deeds perpetrated by his drug cartel. Torturing and murdering children isn't something that should be admired, but somehow some people are able to overlook that and see only admirable traits in this guy.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:40 am

Mexican factory cashes in on 'El Chapo' craze
Just in time for Halloween. Apparently this will be a popular costume in Mexico, but Guzman is still relatively unknown here in the USA for the most part so don't expect to see a bunch of little El Chapos at your door begging for candy later on this month.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Re: El Chapo Craze

Postby twister » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:12 am

I hope there aren't any parents on the north side of the border who would allow their children to dress up as a drug lord who is responsible for countless brutal murders. I don't think I could bring myself to actually give candy to a child dressed up in such a costume. I think I have a good sense of humor, but I wouldn't give candy to a child dressed up as Hitler either. There are just some lines you don't cross.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Re: El Chapo Craze

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:18 am

I plan on shooting any cretin that comes to my door dressed as a drug lord, Mexican or otherwise. I'm just not putting up with that bullshit! Actually now that I think about it, I won't be shooting anyone since I'll be at a party that night, but I'll definitely punch any idiot who comes to the party dressed up as El Crapo!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:43 pm

'El Chapo's' latest escape
Close call for the drug lord on the run. Authorities say he may have been injured, but locals have his back.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:18 am

Is 'El Chapo' hiding in the U.S.?
More on the notorious bandito from down south and believe it or not he could be hiding in the United States. Better hide your Fritos!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby twister » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:07 am

The heirs to 'El Chapo's' drug empire?
The Sinaloa drug cartel is running out of leaders. Authorities are capturing them one by one, but there's always someone eager to fill a power vacuum.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BallaratBob » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:47 am

If only we could get Russia to take care of Sinaloa drug cartel. Then something would actually get done. Between Mexico and the USA the problem just keeps on getting worse. Both countries are ineffective at combating terrorism and criminals who use terroristic methods to intimidate the public.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrgreen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:09 pm

El Chapo Had A Lot of Sex in Maximum Security Prison
It sounds like this guy had it better in prison than most people have outside prison and he still decided to split the scene. I wonder what his day to day life is like right now with all the federales out looking for him.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to News and Issues