Trona High School

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: SENIOR PRANK

Postby blackturtle.us » Mon May 29, 2023 4:07 pm

What I am told by reliable sources is that the teacher who allowed the students to enter the building was placed on paid leave. I am also told that this is a violation of California Educational Code, but that's a matter for lawyers to sort out in upcoming weeks. The following image shows what was done in the library of the A-wing at the "Round School."
While working at the high school (the old site) in 2016, I took these pictures. I post them here to show that senior pranks have been something students have done in Trona in the past.
Thumbnail Image
Thumbnail Image
Thumbnail Image
To quote one person I talked to about the situation regarding the current leaders at the school: "They make rules after the fact. Then overreact."
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Trona High School

Postby panamint_patty » Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 pm

blackturtle.us wrote:Students Punished For Senior Prank
An interesting story was told to me about students being sent home from the Senior Trip as a result of their involvement in a senior prank.
Fundraiser at GoFundMe wrote:So, before their Senior Trip they get a staff member to let them in to the library, they throw papers everywhere across the library floor, the bathrooms as well, and rearrange the furniture. No damage, none ever mentioned by staff. They wrap it up and get ready for their trip. The leave as scheduled. They get to the fairy to ride it to the island and 8 kids names were called, Ariah McKayla Aleena Paris Arthur Richie Ramon and Hector. They were told to get back onto the bus and return to school. Not one time were parents contacted through any of this. In fact we called and called with no response from the Principal or Superintendent. They didn’t talk to parents until the kids had arrived back at the school. I could go on and on about all of the ways the school handled this situation poorly, I mean 10 kids participated, only 8 were punished !

https://www.gofundme.com/f/7mqeh-make-it-memorable

It would have made more sense to just require the students to pay for any damage they caused. Sending half the kids home ruined the outing for the rest of the kids as well. Now all the grads will have unpleasant memories thanks to the idiots running the school. What a bunch of incompetent imbeciles! Such clueless morons should not be running a school and that goes for the superintendent, the principal, the moron in charge of maintenance, the horrifically unqualified K-12 coordinator, and the entire school board.
:smack:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 pm

tronagirl wrote:The story as it was told to me goes like this. The head maintenance guy complained to the superintendent about the mess the kids made. The superintendent checked with the president of the school board and asked what should be done. The superintendent then ordered the principal to call the bus driver and instruct her to bring the culprits back to Trona and not allow them to go on the senior trip. The perception seems to be that it was the principal's decision, but it was the superintendent and the president of the school board who made the decision. They'll probably allow the principal to take the blame. Cowards tend to do things like that.

Dumb decision anyway you look at it.
twister wrote:According to the school calendar the last day of school is Thursday (June 1st) and HS graduation is Friday (June 2nd). It seems like some kind of protest is completely justified. If the superintendent and the school board doesn't issue a serious apology, I'd be in favor of giving them a ton of grief at the graduation ceremony. What do you want to bet that the superintendent doesn't even show up at the graduation ceremony?
:laugh:
If the school board tries to throw the principal under the bus on this one, I would hope that people are smart enough to call shenanigans on that. Accountability! No excuses! No scapegoating!

If the superintendent doesn't attend the graduation it'll probably be the first time in Trona's history that such a thing has happened. If he does attend, he'll probably hire a bodyguard or maybe a small army of bodyguards. The guy has earned the hatred of a bunch of people.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

RE: SENIOR PRANK PICTURES

Postby wildrose » Tue May 30, 2023 6:06 am

As I see it the prank from 2016 was much less destructive and much more creative than the one this year. It's impossible for me to say if the students this year were angry or feeling the need to do something mean to get even with someone, but the 2016 prank looks like a fun little joke everyone could enjoy whereas the one this year was not pleasant to look at. It looks like there was anger being expressed, but regardless of any of that, the admin overreacted and should have thought about the situation instead of making such a hasty decision regarding discipline of those believed to have been involved.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby defcon » Wed May 31, 2023 8:47 am

panamint_patty wrote:It would have made more sense to just require the students to pay for any damage they caused. Sending half the kids home ruined the outing for the rest of the kids as well. Now all the grads will have unpleasant memories thanks to the idiots running the school. What a bunch of incompetent imbeciles! Such clueless morons should not be running a school and that goes for the superintendent, the principal, the moron in charge of maintenance, the horrifically unqualified K-12 coordinator, and the entire school board.

Rusky Ed has a video for every occasion and every situation!
Stupid People (глупые люди)
Разница между глупостью и гениальностью в том, что у гениальности есть пределы.
(The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.)
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby 666 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:48 am

camel wrote:If the superintendent doesn't attend the graduation it'll probably be the first time in Trona's history that such a thing has happened. If he does attend, he'll probably hire a bodyguard or maybe a small army of bodyguards. The guy has earned the hatred of a bunch of people.

Naw, the stupid-intendent will just wear a dress so that if anyone says something mean he can have them charged with a hate crime. It's "PRIDE MONTH" and so he wants to show his true colors for everyone to see....
:dizzy:
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby torn80 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:29 am

Congratulations to the graduates this year! They survived one of the most poorly managed schools in the history of the world! :laugh:
Unfortunately, that's no joke and the bigger problem is that things look even worse for the upcoming year!
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:51 am

tronagirl wrote:The story as it was told to me goes like this. The head maintenance guy complained to the superintendent about the mess the kids made. The superintendent checked with the president of the school board and asked what should be done. The superintendent then ordered the principal to call the bus driver and instruct her to bring the culprits back to Trona and not allow them to go on the senior trip. The perception seems to be that it was the principal's decision, but it was the superintendent and the president of the school board who made the decision. They'll probably allow the principal to take the blame. Cowards tend to do things like that.

Some airhead on Fakebook tried to blame the decision on the principal. Probably the airhead was just sucking up to the school board, but still it's stupid to blame the wrong person any way you look at it. The story as told by tronagirl is essentially correct. The maintenance guy is a lazy :poop: and was mad about the prank since none of his relatives were involved - if they were he'd of sung a different tune. And then there's the stupid-intendent who won't wipe his own ass without permission from the school board. But one thing tronagirl left out is the K-12 coordinator who was highly critical of the prank since she's "always there for the head maintenance guy" (which might have something to do with why the head maintenance guys' wife quit her job with the school, but that's another story). The outcome of all this (or at least one outcome) is that the principal cut bait and headed elsewhere rather than stick around and deal with the dipsticks running the school in Trona!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:08 am

Principal implements cellphone ban and says students ‘look happier’ without them
Cellphones and smartphones cause a lot of problems in a school environment. Banning them K thru 12 makes a lot of sense!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby torn80 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:16 pm

Tornado Rips Through High School With Students Inside
And it was a brand new high school! Just sayin'....
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to Local News