The Pit (Trona Football)

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: The Pit (Trona Football)

Postby twister » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:24 am

JanuaryJones wrote:shadylady: What do you mean? When have degenerate, drunk retards ever behaved in such a manner as to embarrass this town at a high school sporting event? Sadly, the answer is way too often! For that matter a few of our coaches have managed to behave rather badly. I could list a few examples if anyone is interested!

There are a few stories about coaches who have made Trona look bad as the result of a little temper tantrum of one kind or another during or immediately following a sports event. One story I heard involves a current board member. I'll refrain from adding any details, but if anyone is so inclined....
:poop:
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby torn80 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:54 am

twister wrote:
JanuaryJones wrote:shadylady: What do you mean? When have degenerate, drunk retards ever behaved in such a manner as to embarrass this town at a high school sporting event? Sadly, the answer is way too often! For that matter a few of our coaches have managed to behave rather badly. I could list a few examples if anyone is interested!

There are a few stories about coaches who have made Trona look bad as the result of a little temper tantrum of one kind or another during or immediately following a sports event. One story I heard involves a current board member. I'll refrain from adding any details, but if anyone is so inclined....

A friend told me the details of that story a few years ago. It wasn't just embarrassing. It involved an official CIF sanction! Talk about the last person on the planet that should be on a school board!
:smack:
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:04 am

There's a saying that "The Cream Rises To The Top." That's completely wrong. More often than not, it's more like "THE CRAP RISES TO THE TOP!" Sorry, but reality can't be ignored forever!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:11 pm

CrustyOldFart: I am picturing donkey turds floating at the top of a barrel of water. Not a pretty sight! :poop:
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:33 pm

torn80 wrote:
twister wrote:

A friend told me the details of that story a few years ago. It wasn't just embarrassing. It involved an official CIF sanction! Talk about the last person on the planet that should be on a school board!
:smack:

Well.... maybe not the last person who should be on the school board. Perhaps she's not exactly someone who has the temperament to be a good school board member. Perhaps she has done things in the past which should cause people to question her qualifications. Perhaps she has made bad decisions in her life and perhaps she is too quick to see the flaws in others without doing anything about her own more serious flaws. But -- and I know I'm going out on a limb here -- a CIF sanction isn't exactly a felony.
;)
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BallaratBob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:37 am

ergot: So, basically, you're saying that there are people who would make worse school board members. That's not exactly high praise! But it says a lot about the town when such a person can be on the school board.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:41 am

What are the chances of the football season being cancelled next school year? I suppose the games could be held without spectators, but even then the players, coaches, and officials would be at risk. It's probably better to err on the side of caution and cancelling all sports for the year would probably be an excellent decision to make. It may be mandated by the state, but that remains to be seen. Speaking of which, that brings up the question of whether or not brick and mortar school will be in session or if school will just be held online. Again the state will probably mandate the situation one way or the other, but my guess is that they'll err on the side of caution since even if things clear up over the summer there is a good chance that infection rates will go back up in November and December.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:37 am

MojaveMike: I don't know about sports, but I would start the school year in the brick and mortar manner and plan on doing the entire school year that way unless the coronavirus returns. Of course, that's assuming that it goes away during the summer and by goes away I mean drops to an extremely low rate of infection. One way or the other I'm sure our illustrious governor will dictate what is done.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Tue May 26, 2020 10:31 am

Will there even be a HS football season this year in California? I hear Newsom is deadset on keeping things shutdown until after the election. The dumber-than-crap political party seems convinced that ruining the economy will convince people to vote against Trump.
:curse:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby KissMyTail » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:36 am

sandman: I heard that sports for the fall are cancelled and or postponed which means that a lot of high school athletes are probably getting fat and out of shape since all they're probably doing is sitting at home snacking on junk food and playing video games. Most people need someone like a coach to motivate them to do what they should be doing on their own. People ought to take more responsibility for themselves.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News