TJUSD Board Meeting - March 09, 2017

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - March 09, 2017

Postby shadylady » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Schools Putting Lunch Shame Stamps On Poor Kids
If parents were more responsible this would not be an issue, but irresponsible parents create difficult situations. It's not the fault of the schools. It's the fault of the parents.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 am

shadylady: You're right that the root of the problem is irresponsible parents. There are very few people who cannot afford to feed their children providing that their children are a priority and the money isn't being wasted on illegal drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, or something of that nature. But just the same I hate the idea of children suffering because they have irresponsible parents and so I'm in favor of free lunch programs.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 am

SCHOOL LUNCHES: Another way to handle the situation is to charge parents who fail to provide their children with adequate lunches with CHILD ABUSE. It seems that part of a parent's responsibility is to make sure that kids are fed and it's negligent to fail to feed them. There are almost no parents who can't afford to feed their kids if they prioritize and budget properly. Many kids would be better off in foster homes or in orphanages than with parents who are incapable of or unwilling to take proper care of them.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:14 am

I think maybe schools should offer something basic that is free to everyone that must be consumed on the premises and be allowed to charge for everything else.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:16 am

surfsteve: Sure, but the bleeding hearts will still call that lunch shaming since all the other kids will know that anyone eating the basic food can't afford to buy the good lunch. There's no satisfying the libtards who want to spend and spend and spend in an attempt to fix every imaginary social injustice they can dream up!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:48 am

There's nothing shameful about a student washing tables or doing work to pay for his lunch. People that don't work and scam the system should be shamed. The vast majority of those parents are on drugs and probably spent their food stamp money to buy them. I volunteered to wash tables when I went to school and remember being rewarded with apple cinnamon crisp. There was no shame involved. There were people that gave me funny looks but they weren't my friends and never gave it a second thought. My parents always made me brown bag it and if I wanted money I did work around the house or mowed lawns and shoveled snow for my neighbors who always paid more than my parents. Even so I still never spent my money on lunch and saved it to buy things I wanted instead. If Jimmy Dorsey were in my class I would have been ashamed of him for being a little whiny ass twirp!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

surfsteve: Could not agree more. Kids need to learn the value of hard work and the importance of responsibility, but the libtards in Sacramento keep making laws that create conditions where kids learn neither!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 am

Natomas could expand 3 elementary schools to K-8
This seems like a good idea to me. Better to have the middle school kids with the younger kids than with the older kids.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 am

panamint_patty - The problem with middle school kids is that half of them look more like elementary school kids and the other half look more like high schoolers. However, to address the concern raised at the end of the news clip, I'd imagine that there would not be times when middle school kids were around kids in grades K-3 without supervision since it's not that hard to keep the groups separated on most school campuses.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Sat May 06, 2017 7:11 am

Teen's prom-posal ends with severe burns
Why are teenagers SOOOOOOOO STOOOOPID? :roll2:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News