TJUSD Board Meeting - June 08, 2017

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - June 08, 2017

Postby shadylady » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:08 am

RAMZPAUL Teaches Gender Studies For Children
Maybe the elementary school can hire this guy to give a presentation to the boys and girls there to help them to understand this complex social issue! Remember IDENTIFY is just another word for PRETEND!
:laugh:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:02 am

Grade 6 Teacher Trolls Students After Banning Bottle Flipping for a Year
This is pretty funny. I wonder if he's going to do a follow up featuring fidget spinners.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:07 am

mrgreen wrote:
twister wrote:
blackturtle.us wrote:4) Public Comments - There were a lot of people who wanted to address the board this month. All were concerned about the selection of a cheer coach. Ten individuals addressed the board. Approximately half spoke on behalf of one person and the other on behalf of another person. There was a letter with twenty-five signatures mentioned, but not presented to the board, and for the most part different people simply expressed their preferences for one person or the other. However, there was one issue which was particularly troubling. Apparently one of the cheer coach candidates had sent an extremely inappropriate text message to one of the students on the cheer squad. That coach admitted that she had sent the text, but instead of acknowledging how inappropriate it was for her to send the message, she attempted to excuse her behavior in a manner which was utterly unconvincing and made it seem that she failed to comprehend the seriousness of what she had done. The message was read out loud for the board and it was extremely graphic with a long list of slang terms for anal sex being used. Basically, it was the kind of thing that would have gotten a teacher fired without question.

I'm aware of the drama involving cheerleading at the high school. I've seen some of the online postings and heard a few stories.
:roll2: Lots of drama! People need to get a life!!!

Sending obscene material to a minor? Isn't that an actual crime for which one could be arrested? How is this person being considered for a job working with children?

I hope this isn't just being swept under the rug. Pretending it never happened isn't good enough.
18 U.S. Code § 1470 - Transfer of obscene material to minors
Whoever, using the mail or any facility or means of interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly transfers obscene matter to another individual who has not attained the age of 16 years, knowing that such other individual has not attained the age of 16 years, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1470
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 am

tronagirl: I believe that school board meetings are recorded and that they are public records. It should be fairly easy to make the San Bernardino County District Attorney's office aware of this public confession and to encourage them to do their job. The link to that office is http://www.sbcountyda.org/. If for some reason the recording was erased, then it would seem that others would be implicated for attempting to cover up the crime.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:13 am

Do Fidget Spinners Really Help You Focus?
CONCLUSION: Fidget spinners aren't the best way to increase mental focus and they probably distract other students.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:17 am

Why Peeing in the Pool Could Be Dangerous | Disinfection By-Products
Great beach towel offer at the end, but I think it should be yellow instead of white.
BEACH TOWEL: https://store.dftba.com/products/scishow-beach-towel
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dilbert » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:29 am

Surf Punks - Spoiled Brats From Malibu :dizzy:
The words of wisdom contained in this song begin at 1:43. The link to the video is cued up to start at that point, but after listening to the key lines, I suggest listening to the whole thing. It's a funny song!
https://youtu.be/1lEYEwmYvP0?t=1m43s
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Previous

Return to Local News