TJUSD Board Meeting - September 06, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - September 06, 2018

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:34 am

Drag queens are virtually asking to be made fun of and with the dark stigma attached to clowns, drag queens have pretty much replaced them. All that's needed now is a little less political correctness and for one of the networks to come up with a new series titled "Drag Queens are the New Clowns".
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Walk On The Wild Side

Postby dingleberry » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 am

Well if voters in Ridgecrest overwhelmingly voted for Trump and Trump enjoys cavorting around with Giuliani in drag, then I don't see why they'd have a problem with a drag queen reading books to their kids at school. Seems hypocritical to me. Maybe it's one of those psychological reactions where they reject their innerselves and what they really need to do is to learn to accept their own inner transvestites! It's like when the most homophobic people actually harbor homosexual feelings that make them uncomfortable and they project their self-hatred on other people.
dingleberry
Greenhorn

Postby surfsteve » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:00 am

I wouldn't object to drag queens reading books to kids anymore than I would clowns. I also think that having surgery for a sex change operation is as ridiculous as having clown surgery and that some movie stars and famous people look more like surgical clowns than actual people. If people want to go around looking like freaks they should not discriminate against anyone who wants to laugh at them. The right to freedom of speech and expression must include everyone and not be limited to one particular group.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 am

While it may be the case that some people find drag queens to be harmlessly amusing, I think most parents would not want their kids to be influenced by them. This is particularly the case in a conservative community such as Ridgecrest. The irony of the video featuring Trump and Giuliani is difficult to miss, however. Most people in Ridgecrest voted for Trump and Trump is shown with Giuliani in drag as if it's all a big joke and so there is a bit of incongruency in the fact that conservative voters would still reject the idea of drag queens reading to kids. But as is always the case, hypocrisy is alive and well in the USA!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:22 am

wildrose: As I see it the solution is to keep sexuality out of public schools to the greatest extent possible. A little basic anatomical sex education as kids are entering puberty makes sense, but it should be limited to the basics. No promoting deviant lifestyles or anything like that. Kids can wait until after they're eighteen for that kind of thing.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Walk On The Wild Side
This could be a music appreciation lesson and a sex education lesson all in one. There's even a little something pertinent to race relations in there too. Classic tune and apparently still relevant even though the song came out in 1972, almost a half century ago!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 am

Society just keeps deteriorating. Schools just reflect the neighborhoods that surround them. It's up to strong families to stop the moral decline we see happening around us. Trump definitely put us in a weird place, but the alternative would have been worse.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Escondido students spell racial slur in photo
Not sure how this is something which justifies involving the police department. It's just a prank made in bad taste. Not really something that should be punished. It can be criticized, but nothing more than that. It's a free speech issue and should be treated as such.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Mother angry after son makes deportation-themed board game
I think the mother whining about this project completely misses the point of the game. If we frame things correctly, the game allows players to better understand the hardships which illegal immigrants face while committing the crime of illegal entry into the USA. The teacher allowed students to work on a creative project and that's what a good teacher does. Apparently this snowflake mother thinks that teachers are supposed to block creativity and enforce a stupidly narrow and politically correct mindset!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Snowflake Mother

Postby shadylady » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:38 am

mrgreen: Seems like a perfectly fine project to me. Kids are allowed to explore their own ideas as far as I'm concerned. Not everything has to adhere to a strictly narrow politically correct ideology. We are supposed to encourage kids to develop into intellectually proficient adults, not to become mindless sheeple!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News