Trona High School

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Trona High School

Postby CoolChick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:36 am

High schooler out to prove school’s ‘sexist’ dress codes one video at a time
These were videos posted to Tik Tok. It's easy to say that dress codes are sexist, but it's also the case that girls have more parts which are considered inappropriate and so what is a school supposed to do?
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby defcon » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:55 pm

CoolChick: Here's what schools should do to prove that they are against sexist dress codes. They should hold a topless day where both boys and girls are allowed to go topless all day long. It would be fun and prove to the world that they are against any form of discrimination based on gender.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:09 am

defcon: If they're going to do something like that, they ought to wait until the weather warms up a bit. I'd schedule the event for sometime in May or maybe the beginning of the next school year in August or September when it's actually hot!
:sun:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ziggy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:03 pm

When you miss 1 day of school...
Always get a smart kid to write your sick note.
ziggy
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby twister » Tue May 31, 2022 6:08 am

shotgunmary wrote:I haven't watched the high school graduation, but I hear that it's on YouTube. People say that the superintendent's speech was pathetic and they're calling him Dr. Airhead now instead of his real name. I guess his last name starts with an A, but it sounds like people weren't exactly impressed with his speech!

He talks like a retarded jackass. He doesn't enunciate clearly and he is incoherent. And then there's the fat school board lady who is just plain stupid and annoying!
torn80 wrote::laugh: Yeah, the guy reminds me of Biden. He can barely utter a coherent sentence and he seems completely clueless. A true airhead without a doubt!

There's a reason they refer to this sorry excuse for a superintendent as Mumbles The Clown.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby 666 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:44 am

defcon wrote:CoolChick: Here's what schools should do to prove that they are against sexist dress codes. They should hold a topless day where both boys and girls are allowed to go topless all day long. It would be fun and prove to the world that they are against any form of discrimination based on gender.

What a great idea to improve school spirit and pride!
tronagirl wrote:defcon: If they're going to do something like that, they ought to wait until the weather warms up a bit. I'd schedule the event for sometime in May or maybe the beginning of the next school year in August or September when it's actually hot!
:sun:

No time like the present!
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby camel » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:53 pm

The problem with that is that some of the chubby boys might have bigger tits than some of the skinny girls. There's a reason people wear clothes. It's not so much about modesty as it is about hiding the embarrassing imperfections. People with great physiques have no problem getting naked, but the truth is that 90% of humans look better with their bodies covered up. That's just the way it is sorry to say.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby blackturtle.us » Fri May 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Students Punished For Senior Prank
An interesting story was told to me about students being sent home from the Senior Trip as a result of their involvement in a senior prank.
Fundraiser at GoFundMe wrote:So, before their Senior Trip they get a staff member to let them in to the library, they throw papers everywhere across the library floor, the bathrooms as well, and rearrange the furniture. No damage, none ever mentioned by staff. They wrap it up and get ready for their trip. The leave as scheduled. They get to the fairy to ride it to the island and 8 kids names were called, Ariah McKayla Aleena Paris Arthur Richie Ramon and Hector. They were told to get back onto the bus and return to school. Not one time were parents contacted through any of this. In fact we called and called with no response from the Principal or Superintendent. They didn’t talk to parents until the kids had arrived back at the school. I could go on and on about all of the ways the school handled this situation poorly, I mean 10 kids participated, only 8 were punished !

https://www.gofundme.com/f/7mqeh-make-it-memorable
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Sat May 27, 2023 6:22 am

The story as it was told to me goes like this. The head maintenance guy complained to the superintendent about the mess the kids made. The superintendent checked with the president of the school board and asked what should be done. The superintendent then ordered the principal to call the bus driver and instruct her to bring the culprits back to Trona and not allow them to go on the senior trip. The perception seems to be that it was the principal's decision, but it was the superintendent and the president of the school board who made the decision. They'll probably allow the principal to take the blame. Cowards tend to do things like that.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sun May 28, 2023 8:57 am

According to the school calendar the last day of school is Thursday (June 1st) and HS graduation is Friday (June 2nd). It seems like some kind of protest is completely justified. If the superintendent and the school board doesn't issue a serious apology, I'd be in favor of giving them a ton of grief at the graduation ceremony. What do you want to bet that the superintendent doesn't even show up at the graduation ceremony?
:laugh:
If the school board tries to throw the principal under the bus on this one, I would hope that people are smart enough to call shenanigans on that. Accountability! No excuses! No scapegoating!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News