TJUSD Board Meeting - January 10, 2020

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - January 10, 2020

Postby shadylady » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:19 pm

According to the article there might be a "legislative fix" to help the schools. That way there would be a royalty reduction to help the plant, but the schools would be spared a loss of their share of the royalties. Right now the royalties are split up between a few different recipients and the idea is to keep the school funding steady and reliable. Whether or not that will happen is difficult to say, but the entire royalty reduction thing might not go through to begin with and so it's hard to say what will happen at this time. If only I had a crystal ball!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:01 am

shadylady wrote:According to the article there might be a "legislative fix" to help the schools. That way there would be a royalty reduction to help the plant, but the schools would be spared a loss of their share of the royalties. Right now the royalties are split up between a few different recipients and the idea is to keep the school funding steady and reliable. Whether or not that will happen is difficult to say, but the entire royalty reduction thing might not go through to begin with and so it's hard to say what will happen at this time. If only I had a crystal ball!

Doesn't a royalty reduction require a congressional vote? With the ongoing impeachment saga, will they ever even get to it? Would the House of Reps even approve a bill which would basically sacrifice the welfare of children for the sake of corporate profits?
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby ergot » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:51 pm

Effect later starts will have on student athletes
A new state law will require later start times and this might be a big problem for kids on athletics teams.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:48 am

STARTING TIMES: According to the news clip this new requirement doesn't go into effect until 2022. Maybe people in Sacramento will figure out by then that starting late is not a very smart idea. I know that Sacramento is generally clueless, but maybe this time they will show at least a small spark of intelligence.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:37 am

wildrose: Although it is possible that the libtards in Sacramento might be able to pull their heads out of each other's asses, that is not likely. They are very comfortable going through life like that for some reason. The only hope is that possibly they are replaced by people who are not complete idiots. I don't have a lot of faith in the people of California, but maybe enough will come to their senses so that the libtards get thrown out of office.... or should I say thrown out of orifice!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Previous

Return to Local News