San Bernardino County

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

San Bernardino County

Postby cactuspete » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm

San Bernardino Mayor accused of sexual harassment, misconduct
No surprise that dysfunctional people are leaders in a county as dysfunctional as San Bernardino!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: San Bernardino County

Postby BoraxBill » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 am

San Bernardino County should be split into at least two separate counties. Either that or it should be split into efficient operational zones to guarantee that citizens are properly served. It does seem to be the case that bureaucracies throughout the county suffer from a severe lack of talent and that's a huge problem. Poor training combined with workers with low aptitude result in inferior management of one of the largest counties in the nation.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 am

As far as I'm concerned I'd like to see Trona become part of Nevada. All of Inyo County and most of eastern SB county should be switched over to Nevada. I'm sure Mono County would prefer that arrangement too. California is full of kooks and fruitcakes and jerkoffs and nutjobs and retarded morons!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby KissMyTail » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:19 am

CrustyOldFart: Sounds about right! I could see some kind of annexation into Nevada, but I think just splitting the county and reforming Sacramento would be better. Come to think of it, annexation might be easier. Reforming Sacramento would be almost impossible!
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:28 am

Considering all the revenue generated for the county by the chemical plant here in Trona, the town should be receiving a lot better service! It's amazing how little the county does for us despite the millions generated by the plant. Is it really too much to ask?
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:31 pm

San Bernardino Orders Residents Wear Face Masks Outside Home :smack:
If they are going to force people to wear them, then shouldn't they be providing them for free? Otherwise it appears that a backroom deal was made between government officials and companies making the masks. I smell corruption! Of course, the stench will probably be less noticeable if I am wearing the mask!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:37 am

They're talking about a 1000 dollar fine or six months in jail? Seriously? I'll have to look it up, but I think the consequence for KNOWINGLY transmitting HIV is less serious than that.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby shotgunmary » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:47 am

So they're not arresting people for real crimes and they're even letting some criminals out of prison early, but they're talking about big penalties for not wearing a mask? The idiots in charge have really outdone themselves this time!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby desertrat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:22 am

I have no issue with purchasing a mask, but I thought that authorities were telling us not to purchase masks because they were needed by medical professionals and that there would be a shortage if everyone ran out and purchased masks! I wish they would just make up their minds and instead of threatening people with fines and jail time, why don't they just give them away for free? It seems that we pay enough in taxes. It's the least they could do!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 am

desertrat: I'm sure the county could purchase large quantities of the masks for about twenty-five cents each and just make them available. The cops could even give them away to anyone caught in public without one rather than write some kind of ticket. It seems like that would be the obvious way to deal with the situation especially since stores in Ridgecrest don't seem to have any.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Next

Return to Local News