Crazy School Board Members

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Crazy School Board Members

Postby twister » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:51 am

shadylady wrote:EXCERPTS FROM THE MAY 2021 School Board Meeting Thread:
wildrose wrote:1) DELETED AGENDA ITEMS: Nine agenda items were deleted. They all had to do with coaching positions. Usually this indicates that there were one or two coaches being recommended that the board objects to, but to hide the identity of the unwanted coach(es) they just table all similar items.

That's wildrose reporting on what actually transpired at the board meeting and then twister makes this observation:
twister wrote:I'd be willing to bet that everyone's favorite board member's daughter made up some crap about one of the candidates for a coaching position and this false accusation is what is holding things up. I don't know how many times someone can cry wolf and still be taken seriously, but we're headed into world record territory on this one!
:smack:

As many people have stated in various threads, the daughter of this particular board member has made a number of false accusations against staff members at the school. She seems to be a compulsive liar or have some other psychological issue if rumors regarding these events are true.
tronagirl wrote:And this is why it's important that dysfunctional morons not serve on the school board. People with messed up families are not likely to do anything positive for the school.

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY: People who can't manage their own affairs should not have a say in managing the affairs of others.

tronagirl wrote:
shadylady wrote:THE MORAL OF THIS STORY: People who can't manage their own affairs should not have a say in managing the affairs of others.

AMEN! :thumb:

Lara Trump: DOJ is 'deterring' parents from attending school board meetings
What the heck is going on? All we expect is for school board members to behave responsibly! Why is that a crime?
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:59 am

School Board BANS Award-Winning Holocaust Novel ‘Maus'
Stupid people do stupid things. In this case they object to bad language, nudity, and what they call unethical behaviors while completely missing the higher-level value of the book. Context matters people! It's not about the picky little things that nit-pickers focus on. It's about the big picture.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:42 pm

cactuspete: The problem is that some people are so obsessed with finding something to complain about that they focus on irrelevant details and completely miss the point of the book. It's a common mental illness we see a lot of in these days of cancel culture. Characters in novels must be realistic and they must do things that real people do, but that's just part of the development of a story. What matters are the themes and the life lessons learned. When people want to find dirt they can find dirt, but in so doing they completely fail to notice the huge and beautiful oak tree growing out of the dirt.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:51 pm

Jordan Peterson Calls Out The "Pseudo-moralistic Stances" Of Activists
This will fly over the head of most people, but it's important to have one's own house in order (figuratively speaking) before one attempts to have influence in the community. So many school board members are incompetent individuals who do not have their own houses in order, but they seek positions of power and influence. They become school board members for all the wrong reasons and as a result they are a negative influence on the school district.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:33 pm

HOT PIECE OF GOSSIP: I'll try to be circumspect and I won't mention any names, but I'll explain the situation as best I can although most people will figure out the identities of those involved. So, a young teacher resigned last year and took a job elsewhere. Why you might ask? Well, it appears that a certain board member was hitting on her and this was making her feel very uncomfortable. This board member visited her every couple weeks in her classroom and was particularly unhappy when she decided to give up her job at the elementary school. The word is he begged her not to say anything. His wife would not take kindly to him cheating on her! I totally believe he would do something like this and it might be just gossip, but I could totally see him doing this sort of thing!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:11 am

twister: I've heard the same story. It's likely that she felt it was pointless to report the sexual harassment to the superintendent since the current superintendent has his head firmly inserted up the ass of the board member who was engaging in the inappropriate behavior. Often women who accuse superiors of sexual harassment get retaliated against and as a result their careers suffer. So, it's often easier to just leave and get a fresh start somewhere else. Just the same she should file a lawsuit and hopefully in the process get rid of the horndog board member and the irresponsible superintendent.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:17 am

twister: It's worse than that! While I've also heard the story about the Kindergarten teacher, there's also a rumor that he's been hitting on his daughter's friends. At the very least he's been making inappropriate comments to them and acting in a way they say is inappropriate and creepy. The consensus seems to be that he's pushing the limits and he seems to think that since he's a board member that he's above the law. The guy has always been full of himself, but he's gotten worse!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:29 am

It sounds like history is about to repeat itself. It was only a few years ago that the husband of a board member got in trouble for messing around with his teenage daughter's friends. Now it looks like an actual board member is following in his footsteps. Horny hillbillies need to get their sexual impulses under control!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby shotgunmary » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:32 pm

Trona Man Arrested for Sexual Assault of 14-year-old Girl
It wasn't all that long ago.
A 39-year-old Trona man was arrested on Monday for the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl. On Monday, March 13, 2017, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department detectives received information regarding an inappropriate sexual relationship between Edwin Funke and an underage girl. Detective spoke with a girl who confirmed the sexual assault that took place at Funke’s Trona home. This according to the victim, took place several times last year. Funke was booked into the High Desert Detention Center for lewd acts with a child and oral copulation. Sheriff’s officials said that Funke has been a citizen volunteer in Trona since October 2014, that is no longer affiliated with the department.

https://247headline.com/trona-man-arrested-for-sexual-assault-of-14-year-old-girl/
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby mrfish » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:39 am

shotgunmary: As I recall there were several other men receiving "services" from that enterprising 14-year-old girl. She even had some kind of extortion scheme going and reportedly received some kind of "compensation" shall we say for her hard work. Not to be overly sarcastic, but hillbilly horndogs are easy prey for a cute young tramp out to make a little extra money. The law is rather one-sided in these cases and the guys get no breaks whatsoever. They are unfairly seduced and then they pay big time for it. I'd like to see the laws rewritten in a more even-handed manner to be quite frank!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News