TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and Mumbles

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

TJUSD DRAMA: Rodeo Clowns, Mean Girls, and Mumbles

Postby tronagirl » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:48 am

Survivor (American TV series)
There's a bunch of interesting gossip going around about a group of employees at the school and several of their friends in the community who are playing this game for real at the school. They successfully targeted an employee last year and now they have other employees listed for elimination. Part of the idea is to make room for one of their friends who needs a job. The details are a little sketchy and so if anyone can fill in the details, I'd like to know, but realize that naming names is strictly verboten. For those of you unfamiliar with the Survivor TV series check out this description:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(American_TV_series)
The television show places a group of strangers in an isolated location, where they must provide food, fire, and shelter for themselves. The contestants compete in challenges for rewards and immunity from elimination. The contestants are progressively eliminated from the game as they are voted out by their fellow contestants, until only one remains and is given the title of "Sole Survivor" and is awarded the grand prize of $1,000,000.

*** I keep changing the name of this thread. Don't ask me why! ***
Last edited by tronagirl on Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Survivor (American TV series)

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:02 am

tronagirl: This has been brought up on Fakebook a bunch of times. The scoop is that there is a group of women sometimes referred to as the "mean girls" who are plotting and scheming behind the scenes to "eliminate" adversaries with the ultimate intent of more or less running the school. They seem to have the principal in their back pocket and it's not clear if he is aware of their plot according to what I've read. There is a core group of about four or five individuals, but they have a network of allies who work with them. Job security and control seem to be the motivating factors and creating job openings so that friends can be employed is a major objective. All this is somewhat speculative, but along with other things said in the Neighbors and Trona High School threads there seems to be a lot of evidence. One of them has control of the intercom system and has been known to spy on other employees. The mess needs to be cleaned up, but so far it's been allowed to persist.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:12 pm

Sounds like the typical Trona bullshit to me. The school is the one thing in town that the most people have some kind of involvement in and I can just imagine some airheads deciding to do something like Survivor in real life. Stupid drama at it's most ridiculous!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Psychologist talks about "Workplace Mobbing"
It sounds like a variation of workplace mobbing going on at the school only it's being turned into a game. It's a very cruel game and it could wind up turning into a lawsuit. Hopefully the administrators are paying attention and not enabling any of this behavior.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:16 pm

5 phases of the mobbing process
Interesting that this is a phenomenon with a specific pattern. Workplace mobbing is more widespread than I realized! If these "mean girls" mentioned above are actually doing this as a game, then that's pretty extreme. These "mean girls" are truly toxic individuals and should be dealt with in an extremely harsh manner. There's no place in a school for that kind of behavior.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:27 pm

5 Secrets To Spot You're About To Be Mobbed At Work
A few things to watch out for. Her last words at the end of the video: "Happier work places lead to creative and engaged people." It goes without saying that oppressive workplaces do the opposite. When people are allowed to gang up on other employees there is bound to be a lot of tension.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Workplace Mobbing
Another interesting perspective. He says up to five percent of people experience this type of situation. He also goes into the dynamics of how someone becomes scapegoated. The thought that occurred to me is that small towns and neighborhoods operate in a similar manner. The social dynamics would be very similar.
Last edited by shadylady on Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby torn80 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:09 pm

What I heard from my wife is that the school is expecting financial hardship in the near future and that there may be layoffs. Employees, community members, and even school board members have favorite employees they want to keep and non-favorites they want to get rid of. This game of "Survivor" that is being played involves employees, community members, and board members is highly illegal. It also creates a hostile workplace environment and those in charge should not enable, encourage, or allow that type of situation to develop. Most of all they should be very careful not to become involved. That could cost the school millions!

Here's a good video that might help people recognize what's going on. Although, based on what my wife told me and what I've read here, what is going on at the school might be seen as a game by the participants, all the aspects of workplace mobbing are present:
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby torn80 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Bullying or Mobbing at the workplace or at other places. The 5 stages and why it usually happens.
So while watching this my wife told me a bit more about the situation at the school. It sounds like these "mean girls" have the principal "in their back pocket" as panamint_patty says. She added that management at the school is incompetent and lacks the experience to run the school properly. On top of that the school board is composed of compromised individuals and so we're looking at a dysfunctional situation any way you look at it. It appears that the only solution is for the county to come in and dismiss the school board and the administrators and clean out the place. At least that's the consensus reached by my wife and a few of her friends. Ultimately it sounds like a lot of drama caused by a bunch of sociopathic individuals. What a mess and what a waste of taxpayer money!
torn80
Cantankerous Mule

Postby defcon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Total Drama Island Geoff's Elimination
Total Drama Island is a parody of Survivor. In this episode the other campers "eliminate" the nicest guy since they consider him to be the most attractive and desirable person on the island and therefore getting rid of him reduces the competition. It's what might be called a "strategic" move on their parts.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Next

Return to Local News