Plastic Bag Ban

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: Plastic Bag Ban

Postby dilbert » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:11 am

Yeah, high capacity sounds like something that would relate to another proposition that was on the ballot a few weeks ago. Shall we just say that the reusable bags I was gifted with are large and roomy. As nice as the bags are, I still miss the convenience of the old disposable ones. Lugging bags around in the car so you have them if you stop to pick up stuff at the store is a hassle and I can't tell you how many times I've cursed since the election just thinking of all the progressive idiots in our state who voted for the bag ban.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:58 am

Science Can Now Turn Plastic Bags Into Fuel!
Can polyethylene be transformed into diesel fuel? Apparently, the answer is yes. But is it practical?
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 am

I still haven't gotten the hang of this damn plastic bag routine. I put my bags back in my car after a shopping trip, but I never remember to bring them into the store and so I'm using just as many bags as before only now I'm paying for them. The free bag system worked better in my opinion!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:11 am

Kinda sorta on the subject are those mylar ballons. We have been out the last 4 weekends to differant desert locations checking out wildflowers. All backroads, way back. The amount of those stupid ballons laying around is crazy. I think they banned the wrong thing.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby blackturtle.us » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:Kinda sorta on the subject are those mylar ballons. We have been out the last 4 weekends to differant desert locations checking out wildflowers. All backroads, way back. The amount of those stupid ballons laying around is crazy. I think they banned the wrong thing.

I find balloons all the time while out exploring the Argus, Slate, or Panamint ranges. Yesterday I found two near the Crescent Mines at the southern end of the Panamints. One of the balloons was still partially inflated and had the words "You're So Special!" on it. These balloons are much more problematic than plastic bags! I find balloons much more frequently than I've ever found plastic bags.
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Wed May 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Berkeley residents look to ban straws
This is the last straw! What's next? Banning toilet paper?
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 am

Here we go again! It looks like the environazis are going to push for another statewide law banning yet another ordinary item just to prove that they can force the rest of us to abide by their half-witted demands. And yes, ergot, I believe you're right about the toilet paper!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildbill » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:06 am

This whole trend of banning things is the most un-American thing we've been through as a country in a long time. We ban books, words, guns, Halloween costumes, and even plastic bags. The idea that straws might be next seems crazy, but apparently banning things has become an addiction!
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby sandman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 am

wildbill: Here in Kommiefornia we're pushing this whole anti-America stuff to the limit. We have already lost dozens of basic freedoms and we're bound to keep losing more until something happens to change the tide!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am

Looks to me like the plastic bag ban is having the reverse effect. Instead of saving on plastic in landfills people now are using nearly the same amount of bags that contain ten times more plastic.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature