BLM in the News

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: BLM in the News

Postby camel » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Armed Oregon standoff continues despite arrests :roll2:
People in Oregon are sick and tired of the militants and so is just about everyone else!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrgreen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:26 pm

camel wrote:Armed Oregon standoff continues despite arrests :roll2:
People in Oregon are sick and tired of the militants and so is just about everyone else!

Everyone except Alex Jones. He wants to perform indecent sexual acts on them.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:49 am

mrgreen: You're probably right. LOL There was a headline on the Alex Jones channel about the MSM (Mainstream Media) convincing the public that the thugs up in Oregon who took over the BLM office are terrorists. I didn't watch the clip, but it sounds like Alex would like to portray them as something other than terrorists. Patriots, perhaps? I don't know, but I consider them to be terrorists and have difficulty seeing how anyone could possibly think otherwise! I have an anti-government attitutde, but I'm not a nutjob and so I'm not going to see those jerks as some kind of freedom fighters.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby JanuaryJones » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:19 am

BLM: I just started noticing that sometimes BLM stands for Black Lives Matter. I was confused when I saw a headlline containing BLM in it and then the story was about racial conflict. It didn't make any sense until I realized that BLM doesn't just mean Bureau of Land Management anymore.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:29 am

JanuaryJones: Same thing happened to me. Although I had heard of Black Lives Matter for a couple months, it never occurred to me that it would be abbreviated BLM. And so, just like you I had that same moment of confusion when I expected the topic to be the governmental agency and it turned out to be some garbage about racial issues. I guess living in the desert sort of makes you hyperaware of the BLM as in Bureau of Land Management.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Tue May 10, 2016 6:27 am

Anyone know what the BLM policy for wild burros is now? Seems that there is a surplus of those damn asses out and about the desert. I know they don't shoot them out of helicopters anymore, but is there a roundup planned? It seems that their adoption program is fairly popular for the most part.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby deathvalleyjake » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:29 am

The Bundy brothers were acquitted on a number of charges on Thursday. It sounds like they still face some federal charges, but they got off on some major ones in this trial. There's no doubt that they are guilty of quit a few serious crimes, but the jury ruled in their favor on this occasion.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:48 am

deathvalleyjake wrote:The Bundy brothers were acquitted on a number of charges on Thursday. It sounds like they still face some federal charges, but they got off on some major ones in this trial. There's no doubt that they are guilty of quit a few serious crimes, but the jury ruled in their favor on this occasion.

I was surprised they walked on anything. I understand their point of view, do not agree with some of their actions, but understand. I do have a conspiracy theory. These folks may now start to comment on things on TV or via the press. My thinking is that they back more of Mr. Trumps ideas than Mrs. Clinton. The Bundy boys say something that is not main stream and Mrs. Hillary's election machine already staged with some crazy's to bring attention and link to Mr. Trump. Like the women accusing Mr. Trump of fondling it won't matter this close to ballot time. The deplorable's will turn off another group of main stream voters who are not that informed.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 am

What the media isn't reporting on is that the whole reason BLM wanted that land was because it contains vast reserves of uranium that Obama and Hillary sold to Russia.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Whatever happened to the Bundy standoff?
It's good to see that this worthless POC and his two worthless sons face the possibility of life in prison.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature