BLM in the News

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: BLM in the News

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:02 pm

The Oregon standoff, explained in 3 minutes
Alex Jones spews his gun nut extremist BS on the InfoWars channel and TYT spew their SJW crap on their channel and most other media lean toward the SJW interpretation also. This is the best clip I've seen so far. It does a good job of being fair and impartial and of putting the situation in perspective.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildbill » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:32 am

OREGON STANDOFF: The nuts who are occupying the facility up in Oregon are unreasonable, but they're not violent and they are not destroying property or endangering lives. They're not really even disrupting lives for that matter. The thugs in Ferguson destroyed property and endangered lives. The Black Lives Matter idiots in Los Angeles last week who blocked a freeway not only disrupted lives, but they also endangered lives since emergency vehicles could have been unable to help those in need as a result of their protest. To compare the civilized individuals protesting up in Oregon to the subhuman thugs in Ferguson and Los Angeles defies reason!
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby ergot » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Tribe council member: Protesters are bullies and criminals
Here's an interesting perspective on the situation up in Oregon. Hopefully this will end peacefully, but hopefully all the armed thugs who are occupying the BLM facility will wind up with hefty fines and/or several months in prison.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 am

The Benefit Of Government-Owned Lands
An awful lot of the west is owned by the government, but that's better than it being mismanaged by private citizens.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 am

Why Does The U.S. Government Own So Much Land In The West?
This clip actually uses some of the same script as the previous one although the hosts is a totally different person. The fact that a large percentage of the west is "owned" by the government is the main reason that the west is not a shithole like the east.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:43 am

Bundy BLM militia terrorists in Oregon seize wildlife refuge
This is either weird or funny. I'm not sure which. :dizzy:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:35 am

The Oregon Fail
This humorous clip puts the whole thing in proper perspective. Nothing to see here folks... except for a bunch of idiot losers!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Oregon Militia Standoff | 1 Dead, 1 Wounded
Can't say I feel bad for the nutjobs. There were lots of legal ways they could have dealt with the situation. Instead they decided to take the law into their own hands and they fought the law and the law won.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:37 am

CactusHugger: The nutjobs didn't have a good reason for what they did in the first place. Just another bunch of freeloaders looking for a government handout as far as I'm concerned. The land belongs to the people of the United States, not a small group of greedy ranchers. If the whole bunch of idiots get themselves shot, it won't bother me a bit!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:49 am

sandman wrote:CactusHugger: The nutjobs didn't have a good reason for what they did in the first place. Just another bunch of freeloaders looking for a government handout as far as I'm concerned. The land belongs to the people of the United States, not a small group of greedy ranchers. If the whole bunch of idiots get themselves shot, it won't bother me a bit!

X2
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature