Public Lands and Conservation

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: Circular Economy

Postby cactuspete » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 am

twister: A circular economy would probably waste a huge amount of energy doing the work it takes to recycle. So it comes down to whether there is a shortage of certain substances and whether or not energy is plentiful. Then there's also the issue of pollution in various forms. So, I think you're absolutely correct in saying that although it sounds like a good idea, it could be really complicated and way more expensive than most people would expect.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Are Environmentalists Evil?

Postby dilbert » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:38 pm

Ecosexuals: Won’t somebody please think of the poor plants?
Not just evil, but possibly perverted too! :laugh:
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Re: Public Lands and Conservation

Postby tronagirl » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Obama Protects MORE Public Lands From Trump... Bundy's MAD
About 75% of the people in Utah and Nevada support setting this land aside to create two new national monuments (Bears Ears National Monument in southeastern Utah and the Gold Butte National Monument in southeastern Nevada). However, not everyone supports this action.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:49 am

tronagirl: This is one thing that Obama is getting right. We really do need to preserve more public lands and this executive order is something which should be highly praised by everyone. I'd like to see a few more of these executive orders over the next couple weeks including a couple in California! I'd also like to see a way to increase funding to the National Park System, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management. We need to take better care of our national treasures!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Patagonia slams Trump for executive order
This move by our current president is nothing less than shameful!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Wed May 10, 2017 7:23 am

Trump is simply disgusting. To even consider any kind of reduction in protected lands is beyond objectionable. These lands are our national treasures and Trump wants to turn them over to his rich friends so they can exploit and devastate them all in the name of him and his friends getting richer. What a greedy bastard we have as president!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:05 am

Ken Burns and Dayton Duncan talk Trump and National Parks
This discussion makes it sound like Trump may be more supportive of National Parks than previously thought by many people.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Zinke reportedly suggests shrinking 3 monuments
I'm all for loosening some of the restrictions on roads in wilderness areas, but I'm in favor for increasing land designated as wilderness or otherwise protected from private development.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 am

Zinke Shrinking Monuments: Add access roads, but keep the land safe. That's an excellent policy. Zinke's proposal to shrink monuments is bad policy. I would add lots of land, but increase public access. More roads. More access. More fun for more people. That's what it's all about!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dzrtdwg » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 am

MojaveMike: I think I agree with you depending on what you mean by more fun for more people. I am against destructive forms of land use. Certain recreational activities have a very negative impact on the land and I am not in favor of allowing more of that kind of access and/or activity. As for more access roads, I'm all for that. It's public land and so the public should have access as long as they do not harm the land or interfere with the activies of others. Low impact and respect is what it's all about!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature