Summer 2016

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: Summer 2016

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:29 am

CONSECUTIVE DAYS 100F OR HIGHER SUMMER 2016 :sun:
JUNE: Last 13 days
JULY: All 31 days
AUGUST: All 31 days
September: First 2 days (September 3rd had a high under 100F)
Add it up: 13 + 31 + 31 + 2 = 77
That's SEVENTY-SEVEN days in a row at 100F or higher for Summer 2016
:cactus: :diablo: :cool2:
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:43 am

CrustyOldFart: Thanks for keeping track. That's a lot of consecutive days over 100, but just the same I don't think it was the hottest summer on record by a long shot. I'm not a global warming denier, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon either. There's different way of slicing the stats and I think a case can made for and against using the same data. It's all in the presentation.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dilbert » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:31 am

CoolChick: Good point. If you compare daily highs I'm sure this last summer wasn't much if any above average. Same thing if you compare nightly lows. However, if you compare daily average temperature, it might turn out to be a greater amount above average. Like you say, it's all a matter of how you slice and dice the actual data. That being said, our local weather is only a small part of the bigger picture and whether or not our local temperatures were higher or not doesn't really impact my assessment of whether or not global warming is occurring or not. It's worldwide temperature trends that matter. It might cool down in certain localities dispite an overall heating pattern. Of course that doesn't mean that the worldwide data isn't being presented in a misleading manner.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Previous

Return to General Environment and Nature