Climate Change

If it's not about plants, but it is about the natural environment of Death Valley, then this is the place to post your info or question.

Re: Climate Change

Postby surfsteve » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 am

Good News on Climate Change! We're Safe
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby JanuaryJones » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Doomsday is delayed: Democratic party's climate fearmongering fact-checked and proven wrong
Twelve years is obviously a ridiculous time-frame. We can't even show that human activity has anything to do with climate change. How are we supposed to put some kind of time-frame on it?
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby sandman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:17 am

AOC Flips Out
The senator from Utah discussed "The Green New Deal" with the seriousness it deserves. When it came time to vote, no one voted in favor of it and there were 53 votes against and 47 votes present. Needless to say, AOC had a hissy fit.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:00 am

World In Midst of Carbon Drought (w/ Prof. William Happer, Princeton University)

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Beto O'Rourke is CAPTAIN PLANET!
Coldest May in decades and libtards are claiming that global warming is on the verge of causing global upheaval. Get a grip!!!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 am

mrgreen: True dat! It's been cold for this time of year and I can't recall a colder May for quite some time. As for claims of global upheaval, I see absolutely no evidence of that. Things seem to not be changing at all except for the way the media hypes up any little thing that makes it seem like global warming might actually be happening.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:52 am

twister: The evidence does not support the claims. By now I'd have expected thousands of people who live on the coast to have lost their homes. That does not seem to have happened and I know there are homes on the California coast that are just barely above sea level. I'll believe it's happening when I see that it's happening!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:44 am

Rising sea levels, high-tide flooding and the impact climate change is having on U.S. coasts
I suspect that NONE of the video shown in this "report" had anything to do with the topic of high-tide flooding. On top of that very little evidence was provided. Eventually they admitted that this was mostly only a problem in the Gulf Coast and that the increase in incidents was from five days per year in 2000 to ten days currently. However, the possibility that this was just a few bad years was not even mentioned. It should also be mentioned that the "report" starts by talking about river flooding and attempts to relate this to high-tide flooding. The two phenomenon are entirely unrelated! When people who live on the California coast are forced to abandon their homes, I will believe that ocean levels are actually rising. Until then it's just a few unusual years and not much more. Show me some real evidence and I'm ready to listen, but this kind of song and dance doesn't do anything for me!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Obamas to buy $15M beachfront mansion despite climate change
Leave it to RT to speak the truth about Obama. You'd never get this kind of truth out of mainstream news!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Meet Their New Leader!
It's hard to have respect for people who say and do STUPID THINGS!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to General Environment and Nature