The Underworld Empire

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Re: The Underworld Empire

Postby surfsteve » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:26 pm

tronagirl wrote:What Lies Below Argus Peak?
It seems that we'd have heard more about this underground facility. I realize that people who work on base aren't supposed to talk about secret facilities, but it would seem that there would be rumors. There would most likely be large tunnels which provide access to the facility and it's likely they'd be visible on Google maps satellite view. Anyone have a chance to check that out?
surfsteve wrote:I would reemphasize at this juncture that I do not know whether or not any of the cavities discussed in this Army Corps of Engineers document, including the one near Trona, California, were ever excavated. Clearly, a great deal of care and time was invested in this planning study; whether that care and planning translated into actual construction I do not know. I would note, however, that the projected Trona, California site lies just inside the boundary of the China Lake Naval Weapons Center, which has long been rumored to be the site of a massive underground installation. While I cannot speak to the truth of the rumor, I nevertheless find it suggestive that in 1964 the Army Corps of Engineers published a document that sets out in some detail a plan to construct a large, deep underground cavity at that location.

There's a post in geoglyphs about google censoring a guy in Australia for taking a dozer and carving a giant image of one of their natives so I wouldn't hold out much hope of them showing any secret military bases. There are a lot of stories about mines having bottomless pits. I wouldn't be surprised if most mountains didn't hold huge undiscovered underground caverns inside them that could have been made volcanically or from plate movement. I wouldn't be surprised if something had been planned for something discovered in one of the mines. I also remember it being common knowledge 50 years ago that California was going to slide into the ocean within the next 25 years but it never did. At least not yet! I've heard estimates that the earth conservatively contains 5 times as much water underground than it does in all of it's oceans. Water and volcanic lava make steam and even if it's underground, it's got to go somewhere so that leaves a lot of room for both science and science fiction.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:28 pm

If you believe this guy (William Tompkins) then apparently there are quite a few underground tunnels around here. Some were made by the military and some by ET's.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:04 am

surfsteve: Amusing post! The video begins with the host saying, "Those of you with the background in physics to understand these things will be amazed!" There's not really any physics in the video, but there is a lot of half baked science fiction. Probably not even a good premise for a B movie, but it is sort of amusing. China Lake is mentioned and oddly enough he says something about a location NORTH of 395. (Start listening at 9:10 for that little nugget.) Not sure how that works since 395 runs south to north. Probably he meant EAST of 395, but the guy sounds like he might be senile, which explains his rather loose story.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:25 pm

surfsteve wrote:If you believe this guy (William Tompkins) then apparently there are quite a few underground tunnels around here. Some were made by the military and some by ET's.

dilbert: Half baked science fiction is a good way of characterizing the presentation, but you gotta give surfsteve credit for digging up and sharing this gem. It's fun to speculate about possibilities like this. At least it's fun for those of us with an imagination!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:05 am

It's probably just the ramblings of a 90 year old codger. But you never know. There could be some truth to it. There's probably a secret tunnel or two somewhere no doubt.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Death Valley Discovery Ancient Underground City of Giant Mummies of Paihute Indian legend
I say it's all a bunch of bullshit, but it's still fun fantasy material if you're bored and have nothing better to do.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby surfsteve » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Are there secret underground tunnels under Walmart? (Probably not.)

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:14 pm

whiskeypete wrote:Death Valley Discovery Ancient Underground City of Giant Mummies of Paihute Indian legend
I say it's all a bunch of bullshit, but it's still fun fantasy material if you're bored and have nothing better to do.

Good video. Great find! Any idea why your video seems like it was cut off? Maybe there's a second part to it. I read many years ago that all kinds of Egyptian artifacts have been discovered all over the United States and have all been kept secret and often dumped or melted down. I'll have to check the archive.org version of my old website to see of anything exists about it. Supposedly Memphis Tennessee was named after Memphis Egypt because of artifacts discovered there.

Here's a link I just googled.

Secrets About 'Tennessee's Ancient Egyptian Temple' Revealed:
By: Dr. Greg Little - MessageToEagle.com - The background of Tennessee’s ancient “Egyptian Temple” is not a great secret. But it appears to remain enigmatic to many who are interested in alternative archaeology as well as proof to others that ancient America was visited in ancient times by people from the Middle East.
Read more: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/tennessee ... z4YbRCArje

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/tennessee ... KIir_JypNU
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Underworld Empire v1 Trailer :pac:
This is a very different kind of underworld empire, but at least you can play it on your phone!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 pm

The Real Secrets Hidden in Antarctica... Revealed
Published on Apr 8, 2017
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local History