Medical Breakthroughs

Computers, internet, mobile devices, software, cameras, gadgets, etc.

Re: Medical Breakthroughs

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Actually the argument goes like this. The symptoms of boron deficiency match those of arthritis. If you have arthritis there is a good chance that you have a boron deficiency. If you take boron and you get better then that was probably the cause. If you don't then you just wasted a fraction of a penny's worth of boron.

I don't have arthritis but I currently am taking a daily pinch of borax. One of the things I noticed was that it made my eyesight better. I also think it made my thinking clearer; though you obviously disagree. It also seems to contribute to my endurance while running but that is beyond the scope of the article and the subject of the thread.

It makes sense that if crops are grown over and over in the same soil without adding back the nutrients they are taking out of it that the soil will become deficient in those nutrients.

Also. I don't believe you when you say that you don't mean to be rude to me. But I do forgive you. If you have been lied to and conned by the medical profession your whole life it's only natural to want to shoot the messenger because you still want to believe what you have been taught and the only thing you know.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

List of Vitamins and Minerals in Centrum :pac:
Here's a simple solution. Rather than fixating on a single mineral, why not just make sure you get all of them at once and take a multi-vitamin like centrum. If you're short on one mineral, then it's likely that you're short on other minerals and probably vitamins as well. Here are the minerals included in centrum:
Centrum contains the following minerals per one tablet serving size: calcium 200 mg, iron 18 mg, phosphorus 20 mg, iodine 150 mcg, magnesium 50 mg, zinc 11 mg, selenium 55 mcg, copper 0.5 mg, manganese 2.3 mg, chromium 35 mcg, molybdenum 45 mcg, chloride 72 mg, potassium 80 mgc, boron 75 mcg, nickel 5 mcg, silicon 2 mcg, tin 10 mcg and vanadium 10 mcg.

I've seen a few places where they recommend 3 mg of boron and 75 mcg is way short of that, but it's likely that 75 mcg will do ya since it's not highly probable that you'd have that specific deficiency.
LIST: http://www.livestrong.com/article/35133-list-vitamins-minerals-centrum/
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Pacemaker for the Brain
Wires stuck into the brain might sound a bit intrusive, but I suppose it's better than the alternative!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

By alternative do you mean coconut oil?

How coconut oil gave me back my brain.

I don't have Alzheimer's but I do use coconut oil. In fact coconut, cocoa, olive and hemp are the only oils I use.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Coconut oil?
I'm more than just skeptical on this one. It sounds like purely wishful thinking to me! If this actually worked it would be extremely profitable to those growing coconuts and selling products containing coconut oil and so the theory that this "treatment" isn't being promoted because it's not profitable is pure hogwash! Although the guy in the second video talks about the "propaganda" regarding saturated fats in coconut oil, I'm going with the "propaganda" on this one! It's far more likely that your health will be adversely impacted by saturated fats contained in coconut oil than for any benefits to be experienced!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Genome Mapping Now Only $99
This might be every bit as useful as a blood test!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

cactuspete wrote:Genome Mapping Now Only $99
This might be every bit as useful as a blood test!

interesting. I wonder if you just mail them in a sample or what?

Check out their website:
https://www.23andme.com/?gclid=CMzgobDz ... QgodSUYA9g

Evidently you go there, pay $99 and they mail you a gizmo that you spit in and mail back for them to test.

It almost sounds too good to be true.

Purchase for yourself, or share the love, and give it as a gift.

A gift? Getting someone else's DNA info seems like it could have sinister applications. I imagine in a few years our government will have everyone's anyway. I wonder what the Nazis would have done if they had that kind of information and what Obama will do with it (or Romney would have done just to be fair.) I wouldn't be surprised if there were mosquito sized drones being built to collect our DNA at this very moment. Sorry; couldn't resist digressing. That actually does sound like a good idea though unless it turns out to be too good to be true!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

William Davis Author of Wheat Belly - Wheat: The UNhealthy Whole Grain.

The wheat of today is not the wheat of our mothers or grandmothers. Modern wheat is the product of genetic manipulations that have transformed its properties. Modern wheat is now a 2-foot tall, high-yield semi-dwarf strain, different in both appearance and multiple biochemical features from traditional wheat. Introduction of this new strain of wheat was associated with the appearance of a long list of health problems, along with weight gain and diabetes.

According to Dr. Davis, saying goodbye to all things wheat provides outsized and unexpected health benefits, from weight loss, to relief from acid reflux and bowel urgency, to reversal of diabetes, migraine headaches, and learning disabilities in children.

Also "see" an excellent audio presentation at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtsHTNhPa4
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 am

Saving lives with synthetic biology
Great stuff! :thumb:
Although some people seem to make a hobby of demonizing pharaceutical companies, the underlying science is fascinating and if we could get rid of some of the shifty business practices the potential benefits are enormous!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am

pcslim wrote:Saving lives with synthetic biology
Great stuff! :thumb:
Although some people seem to make a hobby of demonizing pharaceutical companies, the underlying science is fascinating and if we could get rid of some of the shifty business practices the potential benefits are enormous!

Odd that they mentioned that the plant artemis was in short supply. As far as I know it's also known as wormwood. A plant that I thought was very common. It is normally used to get rid of parasites, especially worms like it's name "wormwood" suggests. Another thing it is used for is to make absynth, an intoxicating beverage.

I found this link that already sells artemis as a prepared extract in pill form.

http://www.altcancer.net/artemis.htm

Maybe the guys in your video want a synthetic version so they can patent it?

I don't believe them when they say it is because it is in short supply because it's so cheap and easy to get wormwood already. The link above also says it works against cancer.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Technology and Gadgets