Board Information

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Board Information

Postby cactuspete » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:22 am

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF MAY: 235
As usual, there were tons of span account requests. There were at least 3000 in all and possibly over four or even five thousand. It just never stops!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 am

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF JUNE: 152
The high day happened early in the month. For the rest of the month I never noticed a high above 80, but there could have been spikes that I didn't see. Most of the time when I checked in the number was in the fifties or sixties. Most of those almost had to be bots, but it's impossible to say unless viewers are logged in. As for account requests we continue to request several thousand each month. Those seem to be mostly bogus as the names tend to sound like they were auto-generated for the most part. Check out the NEW USERS thread for info about how to request an account.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 am

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF JULY: 104
We continue to receive a high volume of spam account requests. If you do not follow the directions in the first post of the NEW USERS thread, you will not be enrolled on the board. This measure had to be taken because we get over 5000 spam account requests per month. We do not have the time to review each of these requests separately. Also anyone who is serious about joining this message board will have taken the time to peruse the various forums and will have noticed the NEW USERS thread. Although the most users online for July is a bit lower than for the previous few months, we are still amazed by the large number of people (or spambots) viewing this message board.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:19 am

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF AUGUST: 236
Quite a few users this last month. Huge number of spam account requests as usual. Generally heavy traffic, although inconsistently so with low numbers observed on a few occasions. So, it appears that traffic is coming through in waves more so this last month than in the past.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:06 pm

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF OCTOBER: 149
Looks like I missed September somehow. Lots of spam account requests as has always been the case. Over 3000 spam account requests received during the month and all have been deleted. No new legitimate requests for October. Posting volume remains about normal.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:28 am

cactuspete: It seems like this message board gets an awful lot of traffic considering how small Trona is. I wonder why so many spam account requests are made. Even the number of people online at a given time seems kind of high. What's going on?
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:41 am

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF NOVEMBER: 122
Traffic volume during the last month was down by about ten percent. There were still lots of spam account requests and lots of unidentified people browsing the forum, but overall, the volume was down noticeably, but not a lot.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 am

cactuspete: It always seems strange to me that most of the time when I take a look at what's happening on Trona News that there are almost always at least sixty people browsing. That seems like a lot and I've never been able to figure out who all those people are unless they're some sort of bots. It's interesting anyways.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR MONTH OF DECEMBER: 93
Noticeably less traffic, but still quite a lot for a message board called Trona News! Keep up the good work all you people who post here. There are lots of interesting perspectives represented here and I enjoy checking out everything posted here. Happy 2021 to everyone!
:thumb:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:51 am

MOST USERS ONLINE FOR THE MONTH OF JANUARY 2021: 77
The high this month was 77. That's a continuation of the downward trend we've seen over the last several months and it's a good thing. This message board receives a lot of spambot activity and so any reduction in that is a good thing. As usual we received thousands of bogus account requests. People who seriously want to join this message board should follow the hidden directions and just a hint: The directions aren't really all that hidden. This is the best way we've come up with for weeding out spammish account requests.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information