UFOs and Aliens

Share information or ask questions about the history of Searles Valley and nearby locations.

Re: UFOs and Aliens

Postby JanuaryJones » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:34 am

Here's something that I found: There's a story of 3 people who are supposed to have found an underground city connected with a tunnel, and who actually took treasures from it. The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an old abandoned shaft. The bottom of the shaft is collapsed, opening an entrance into a large tunnel system containing much treasure. These tunnels connect with the surface also through arches (like large windows) in the side of the mountain and they look down on Death Valley. They're high above the valley now, but they were once on the edge of the water, and were accessed by boats. The windows in the Death Valley side of the Panamint Mountains are about 4,500-5,000 feet above the bottom of Death Valley, and are across from Furnace Creek Ranch.
JanuaryJones
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby deathvalleyjake » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:19 am

I've heard all sorts of stories about UFOs in the desert, but I ain't ever heard one I actually believe. Whether we're talking about the Mojave Desert, the desert in Nevada, Arizona, or New Mexico, there just ain't any stories that add up to more than a pile of donkey droppings!
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:11 am

deathvalleyjake: Speaking of donkeys, some people claim that donkeys are extraterrestrial beings. Of course, some joke and say that the male donkeys have extratesticals and that there is an important difference between being an extraterrestrial and having an extra testical, but by the time the conversation to gets to this point the parties involved are usually drunk and the difference between the two seems so slight that one is as good as the other.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Taking a break from reading; without a doubt this is the most comprehensive UFO article I have ever come across! Be prepared it's quite lengthily; ties many conspiracy theories to alien beings and UFO's.

http://thewebmatrix.net/disclosure/index.html
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 pm

surfsteve wrote:Taking a break from reading; without a doubt this is the most comprehensive UFO article I have ever come across! Be prepared it's quite lengthily; ties many conspiracy theories to alien beings and UFO's.

http://thewebmatrix.net/disclosure/index.html

lol
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

Postby wildrose » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 am

Are we alone? Tech-garch $100 mn search for ET w/Prof Stephen Hawking :alien:
Alien life? I'm skeptical, but it's an interesting project nonetheless.
Are we alone in the Universe? That's the question a new $100 million search for extra-terrestrial intelligence wants to answer. Famed cosmologist Professor Stephen Hawking has given his blessing to the project. RT is joined by Russian Internet billionaire Yuri Milner the one footing the bill for the new search.

wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence

Postby pcslim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:26 am

SETI Institute
This organization has been around since 1984. BTW, wildrose, I don't know if you realize that SETI stands for Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence, which is what you named this thread.
Our mission is to explore, understand, and explain the origin and nature of life in the universe, and to apply the knowledge gained to inspire and guide present and future generations. We have a passion for discovery, and for sharing knowledge as scientific ambassadors to the public, the press, and the government.

LINK: http://www.seti.org/
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrgreen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Area 51 Neighbors Fight Government Over Top Secret Site :alien:
The government is harassing people who live near the base in order to get them to move away. They are offering some money for the land, but not really enough to sufficiently compensate them for the value of the land. It makes you wonder what's going on at the base if this is so important.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:12 am

mrgreen: The government has a tendency to take what it wants, but what I don't understand in this case is why after all these decades is it suddenly so important? There must be an awful lot more to this story!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrfish » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:47 am

Are Super-Intelligent Aliens Trying to Contact Earth?
The female in this discussion goes off in a weird direction. I'm not sure if she was temporarily ditzy or if it's a permanent problem for her. The focus of the topic as introduced was the idea that aliens might use something other than radio waves to communicate over long distances. They might have discovered some other mode to transfer information that we simply have not conceived of. Apparently that concept was beyond the ditz's ability to comprehend and understand.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local History